Federation for People’s Rights, Puducherry, Organising Committee Meeting held at Federation office at Gandhi Road on 08.12.2010 at 6.30 pm. The meeting was presided over by the Federation Secretary G.Sugumaran and Organising Committee Members R.Rajarajan, P.Markandan, C.S.Saminathan, K.Chinnappa, A.Kalaivanan, K.Saravanan, P.Kalidass, K.Kannan, K.Balaji were attended the meeting.
The following resolutions were adopted in the meeting:
1. In the eve of the World Human Rights day (Dec 10th), we appeal to people to take oath to eradicate and fight against corruption and work for the good governance.
2. The government’s decision to give Rs. 1000 as rain relief for all poor and rich is a bad precedence. The government should find out the really affected people and provide them the rain relief.
3. We condemn the cheap politics of the government by printing the portraits of the Union Minister, Chief Minister and Ministers in the application form of the rain relief. The government should abandon this and offer the rain relief through officials without any delay.
4. There was a wide spread news that a lot of irregularities occurred in recent selection of Deputy Tahsildar. The government should order for a C.B.I. enquiry in this regard. Also cancel the selection and initiate a fresh selection process.
5. The Chief Secretary of the government stopped the purchase of Dhotis and Sarees for the free distribution to the people for Deepavali and prevented a multi crore rupees corruption. The government should order for a C.B.I. enquiry in this regard. The government should take steps to distribute the free Dhotis and Sarees without any delay.
6. In the notification issued by the Police Department for the recruitment of Sub-Inspector and Constables, the existing reservation for BC, MBC, BCM, EBC, SC and ST was not followed properly. The government should intervene in to this matter and take steps for proper implementation of the communal reservation.
7. The government invoked the National Security Act (NSA) on the cadres of political parties, organizations and the persons who indulge in criminal activities. We urge the government to withdraw the NSA against them, which is contrary to the Human Rights. If needed take action on them in the normal laws like Indian Penal Code.
8. We demand the government to scrap the Murthikuppam Harbour Project, which will create a huge damage for the livelihood of farmers and fishermen. The already existing Thengaithittu Harbour affected the coast of Puducherry and Tamilnadu. The government should take measures to prevent the sea erosion by adopting the scientific methods without affecting the coastal people.
9. There is lot of seats vacant in the Arts Colleges of Puducherry due to the delayed counselling conducted by CENTAC. The students applied for these colleges are not allotted seats and so their one year education was affected. The government should take action to allot the vacant seats for the students applied.
10. The government is not providing the financial aid for the Para Medical students as per the G.O. issued under the Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Financial Assistance Scheme. We press the government to provide the financial assistance for the Para Medical students without delay following the G.O.